Every homeowner can use more storage space, so we'll show you how to add a shelf down each side of your garage. These shelves are located up high so they'll be out of the way and need to meet the following criteria:
* They must be high enough so you don't bump your head while walking under them.
* They must be low enough to accommodate whatever you plan to store on them.
* And most importantly, they must be sturdy enough to support the weight.
Since there are no interior walls in our garage, the shelves will be supported with triangular brackets cut from ¾" plywood that are attached directly to the sides of the studs.
Home improvement expert Danny Lipford shows you how to maximize your space with shelving. See how to add extra storage with garage shelving.
First, mark a level horizontal line at the height of the top of the brackets.
Next, cut the brackets out of plywood.
Then screw the brackets to the studs every 3' to 4', making sure they are even and level.
Cut the 16? wide composite shelving material to length using a circular saw.
Finally, screw the shelves in place on top of the brackets.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades