Hi everyone, I have been working on some videos and tips about restoring antique furniture, in this tutorial, I will be showing you how to remove a scratch from a wooden table.
- First, colour the scratch, using a wood dye (be sure that it matches the wood), apply using a soft rag.
- As this dries, it will catch the light so next get a wax stick and push it over the scratch applying a lot of pressure – repeat this a few times until you have completely filled the scratch.
- Use a plastic scraper to remove any excess wax.
- Get an apple sized amount of cotton wool and fill the wool with a mix of French polish and Methylated sprits (50/50) – wrap this in a soft cloth and beat on the back of your hand.
- Add some solution onto the face of the cloth.
- Apply the solution with long steady strokes, dropping off the end of the furniture and hitting it moving.
- Leave to dry – it is ready!
Tip: Don't let the polish get too dry, otherwise it will drag on the surface and remove any existing polish.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades