Hi everyone, I have been working on some videos and tips about restoring antique furniture, in this tutorial, I will be showing you how to remove a scratch from a wooden table.
- First, colour the scratch, using a wood dye (be sure that it matches the wood), apply using a soft rag.
- As this dries, it will catch the light so next get a wax stick and push it over the scratch applying a lot of pressure – repeat this a few times until you have completely filled the scratch.
- Use a plastic scraper to remove any excess wax.
- Get an apple sized amount of cotton wool and fill the wool with a mix of French polish and Methylated sprits (50/50) – wrap this in a soft cloth and beat on the back of your hand.
- Add some solution onto the face of the cloth.
- Apply the solution with long steady strokes, dropping off the end of the furniture and hitting it moving.
- Leave to dry – it is ready!
Tip: Don't let the polish get too dry, otherwise it will drag on the surface and remove any existing polish.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.