- Unscrew chair and knock apart gently with a rubber mallet.
- To fix a broken stretch, use quick dry polyurethane glue, using plenty (better to have too much than too little)
- Wipe of excess glue. Leave to set for 10 minutes.
- Sand down the points that slot into the seat of the chair.
- Put the seat back on by bashing gently with a rubber mallet.
- Squeeze glue into the crack in the seat, use a clamp to hold the crack together (make sure to use soft wood blocks in-between clamp and seat so you don't damage).
- Before dry put all screws back in.
- Clean off the glue; be careful not to scratch the chair.
- Once glue is off, sand the chair gently.
Tip: If you'd like to wax the chair for an ultimate repair, you can find the 'wax chair' instructions in this video.