- Unscrew chair and knock apart gently with a rubber mallet.
- To fix a broken stretch, use quick dry polyurethane glue, using plenty (better to have too much than too little)
- Wipe of excess glue. Leave to set for 10 minutes.
- Sand down the points that slot into the seat of the chair.
- Put the seat back on by bashing gently with a rubber mallet.
- Squeeze glue into the crack in the seat, use a clamp to hold the crack together (make sure to use soft wood blocks in-between clamp and seat so you don't damage).
- Before dry put all screws back in.
- Clean off the glue; be careful not to scratch the chair.
- Once glue is off, sand the chair gently.
Tip: If you'd like to wax the chair for an ultimate repair, you can find the 'wax chair' instructions in this video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades