You may know how to cut and sand plywood, but bending it is a totally different skill set you need to master, but this woodworking how-to will show you the right moves in seven easy steps. In the video, a bend is being applied to plywood for a curved chair leg, but this method could be used for any kind of plywood bends.
Firstly, you'll already need a wooden bending form, which is not shown. To start, you'll need to cut the strips of plywood with a bandsaw. Once you've done that, you'll need to clamp the plywood down to the wooden bending form for a dry run to make it flexible. Then, take the plywood off and glue the strips together and clamp them back on the form. Once fully dried, unclamp again and lightly sand the edges to remove the excess glue. Then trim the edges to the desired width on the bandsaw and sand again.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades