Home improvement expert Danny Lipford discusses an important feature of any deck - the rails. Just check out this video tutorial to see how to build handrails for your deck.
To give a deck that perfect finishing touch, as well as to address safety concerns, it needs to have a handrail around it. Here Danny shows how to construct the railings and spindles from pressure treated wood. The top hand rail is made from a horizontal 2×4 while the bottom rail is secured vertically with a beveled cut to shed water. 2×2 spindles are toe nailed into the rails before the whole unit is set in place. The top rail is then capped with a piece of 5/4" material to finish it off. Be sure and check your local building codes for approved heights as well as for the gap allowed between the spindles.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades