Eagle Lake Woodworking, hosted by John Nixon, offers great do-it-yourself guides for building your own furniture, especially in the American Arts and Crafts style, and turning your garage into an amateur woodshop. Search Eagle Lake on WonderHowTo for more carpentry tutorial videos. From Eagle Lake Woodworking on this specific lesson:
This sturdy pool table is made with an Arts and Crafts design. The multi-part video series covers the project in great detail!
The pool table is designed in the Arts and Crafts style and will be constructed almost exclusively from Quartersawn White oak plywood. I've come up with some creative ways to conceal the plywood and ensure the table has a solid wood appearance. The entire build process is being video documented and presented as a multipart series.
* Part 1 The Leg Columns
* Part 2 Leg Cross members and slats
* Part 3 Mortising / Loose Tenon joinery
* Part 4 Veneering - Feet for the Leg Columns
* Part 5 Corbels - A tough design decision
* Part 6 Stain and Finishing of the Leg Parts
* Part 7 Dry fit and Assembly of the Leg