Eagle Lake Woodworking, hosted by John Nixon, offers great do-it-yourself guides for building your own furniture, especially in the American Arts and Crafts style, and turning your garage into an amateur woodshop. Search Eagle Lake on WonderHowTo for more carpentry tutorial videos. From Eagle Lake Woodworking on this specific lesson:
Router Table Mortising with Loose Tenon Joinery to make a Tool Stand.
The 26 minute woodworking video illustrates a complete project from start to finish. You will see the principles of loose tenon (or floating tenon) joinery applied to make a sturdy tool stand.
Shown in the video:
* Stock preparation using the planer and jointer.
* Making legs, aprons, and cross members for the project.
* Mortising on the router table.
* Having a repeatable setup for mortising by using a modified tenon jig.
* Efficient mortising technique - this project has 32 mortises.
* The benefits of a foot-activated motorized router lift. Glue and assembly of the project.
* Adding swivel casters to the project.
* Making loose tenons for joinery.
The video is instructional and gives the basics of loose tenon joinery. More importantly, it provides the foundation required for furniture building.