Eagle Lake Woodworking, hosted by John Nixon, offers great do-it-yourself guides for building your own furniture, especially in the American Arts and Crafts style, and turning your garage into an amateur woodshop. Search Eagle Lake on WonderHowTo for more carpentry tutorial videos. From Eagle Lake Woodworking on this specific lesson:
This project details the design and construction of a Flag and Certificate Display Case. I made a display case for my father-in-law that holds an American flag and certificate. The flag and certificate were presented to him by an active Navy Seal serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom. The certificate shows the date the flag was flown over Camp Patton in Fallujah. This was quite an honor for my father-in-law, and the flag and certificate deserved a special case to preserve and protect them.
The display case is constructed from red oak. The corners of the case feature a contrasting dovetail shaped inlay of walnut.
This video covers:
* Mitering basics
* Biscuit Joinery
* Dovetail shaped inlay
* Installing glass
* Matte cutting
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades