This video outlines the process used to turn a chunk of wood, specifically sweet gum, otherwise known as Liquidambar styraciflua, American sweetgum, redgum, liquidambar, or simply liquid amber.
Turning this chunk of liquid amber wood into a large sphere (350mm) is time consuming, and you need good tools, like a wood lathe (the one in the video is a Vicmarc VL300).
You don't need a template to create this large wooden sphere. Just the right tools, so watch and start turning your own wooden globe.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades