In this video, we learn how to make wood roof shingles by hand. Start off with round oak wood, then split it with a splitting axe. Then, use a mallet to split them out further. Make sure to use clean and straight grained oak to do this. Now, remove the bark from the wood and split into thin sheets. Then, place into a cleaver brake and use a mallet to split down the different wood shingles. From each piece of wood, you should get 4-5 different shingles. When finished, you can hammer these together and use your makeshift roof as a cover while camping out in the wild!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades