Tommy demonstrates how the prospect door will fit into Bombe Secretary piece. He then shows how he copied the design from a photo to paper and then to the wood block. He makes multiple attempts at cutting the block and laughs about how many mistakes he's made so far. It's going to be a long road.
He then demonstrates how he is cutting the shell. Using a woodworking chisel, he shows how working with the grain poses a unique set of challenges. He then utilizes the V-tool on the design and laments his lack of carving skills.
Next, he takes some de-natured alcohol and wipes it on the completed carving to demonstrate how the grain texture will look. On close inspection, viewers can see that each of the sweep carvings is a little different. Tommy then shows how to remove the material along the perimeter of the shell. After the door is completed, he discusses the work he needs to do on the drawers.
Search WonderHowTo for more BobVila.com woodworking, furniture videos.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades