It's not always an easy task to paint used furniture, especially when you're dealing with Formica, which is a hard durable plastic laminate used on countertops, cupboards and some furniture pieces. This video will show you the steps required to start painting a Formica surface. Also, you'll learn how to properly prepare metal hardware to be painted.
A cedar chest is used in this video, being fully painted and transformed, first by painting the furniture, then the hardware (along with distressing). Here are the basic tips to remember:
* Sand with 320-grit sandpaper
* Clean with TSP
* Use a bonding primer
* Sand in-between all coats of paint
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades