Artist Kate Bangs shows us how to improve old furniture with a shabby rose design. Take vanilla and fuchsia colored paint and mix them together as you paint them on the furniture to form the background. Let that background paint dry. With a watery brush paint the rest of the areas, including raised sections. It is shabby painting and so it does not have to be super neat. Load your brush with pink and white paint and make arches in a circle to form petals. Mix green, pink and white on your brush and paint blobs to the left and right. Link these with thin green wavy lines. Make more flower heads, starting again with three arches above and a long sweep below. Without cleaning the brush, add green and make leaves. Add in more background color where needed. With a smaller number 10 brush paint leaves in the corners. Paint quickly and add swirls to obtain the shabby look. Add a little grey to the background for contrast. That's it!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades