Danny Lipford and Allen Lyle demonstrate how to turn an old door into a desk. First, remove the door hinges. Then, fill the biggest part of the voided hardware holes with wood and seal them with bonding adhesive. Don't leave too much excess bonding adhesive on the door or else you'll have to sand it off once it's dried. You may need at least two coats of bonding adhesive to get the surface level. Cut wood for the sides of the desk and then run them over a router. Sand down the door and the new wood. Scrape and sand off the paint. Use a two by six to create the desk legs. Install the desk top and shelves onto the door with wood glue, nails and screws. Attach the legs to the desk to complete the door project. Doors can also be used for headboards and room dividers.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades