This video demonstrates the proper technique for undercutting the door casing or the molding around the door. You will need to do this when you are laying a laminate floor, otherwise the laminate flooring will not seat underneath the door casing correctly. The first step is to figure out how much you will need to cut out of the door casing. This can be accomplished by measuring the thickness of the laminate flooring plus any underlay you may be using. The presenter demonstrates this with a power saw and decides 1/16" is the correct width. He then places the saw against the door casing and cuts the 1/16" away from the bottom. Now the laminate flooring will slide under the door casing and sit correctly against the law.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades