Most of us love Ikea because it is cheap, contemporary design-conscious, and the megastore's cafeteria serves 15 delicious Swedish meatballs for the low price of $4.99.
Now there's an even better reason to love Ikea: why not treat their goods as raw materials, a good starting point to hack together something creative and original?
Some of my favorites below. Get inspired, and make your own Ikea re-invention.
Ikea LACK side table by Abby Clawson Low, NYC designer.
Ikea Salad Bowl Speakers, BIANDA MATT. More details on how they were made here.
Ikea FIRA Chests and the FORNBRO side table, details on creation process here.
Ikea MYLONIT mood lamps (plus a little circuitry).
My personal favorite by Surtido.
Getting a little more conceptual, Marc Ligos.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades